Compared with common wigs, more and more people are seeing the benefits of lace front wigs. That is because other than covering hair loss issues, people are also pursuing a super natural hairline. It happens that lace front wig is the solution. Though lace front wigs offer you natural hairline, how natural your wig hairline will be depends on the lace area of your wigs. There are mainly two big types of lace front wigs: 13x4 lace front wigs and 13x6 lace front wigs. Then why they are so popular among wig wearers. Do remember to check the following content.
What’s lace front wigs?
To figure out the question, the first thing you need to do is to grasp some basic knowledge about lace front wigs. So how exactly is a lace front wig made? “Lace front” refers to wig construction that uses a sheer lace attachment at the front of the wig. The synthetic hair or human hair strands are hand sewn in to the holes of the lace. The rest of the wig cap is made out of a stronger material that will not tear as easily as the lace. Lace front wigs are extraordinarily popular because they give the illusion of a seamless hairline. It creates a natural look and this is why many women and celebrities prefer to buy a lace front wig.
Lace front wigs are regarded as a secret weapon to a flawless undetectable wig and to gorgeous hair! If you properly wear it and handle with the baby hair in a good way, you will get an undetectable hairline giving the illusion that the wig hair is actually growing out of your own head. That’s the ultimate purpose for all wig lovers, isn’t it? Just imagine that you are wearing a wig but no one notice that. And when you tell them the wig-wearing fact, they won’t believe it and you will get tons of compliments for the visual effect.
Lace front wigs are life savor for those who suffer from premature balding, alopecia, hair thinning, hair loss due to chemotherapy or other medical reasons. However, wigs are not just for hair loss anymore! It is a growing trend to wear wigs simply to change your hairstyle and light up your look. Or it may be a way for you to express your attitude or a chance to seek uniqueness. Whatever your desire is for wearing wigs, a lace front wig is an option you cannot miss if all you are looking for is a natural look that gives you unlimited styling options.
Different types of lace front wigs
Lace front wigs are the most popular hair products in the wig market, and there are mainly two big types: 13x4 lace front wigs and 13x6 lace front wigs. But some wig brands are also selling a different type of lace front wigs (we call it one-seam lace front wigs). So what are their difference and which type are you supposed to select. Let’s dig it up.
One-seam lace front wigs
Actually one-seam lace front wigs are not common, only several wig brands are selling this type, such as Samsbeauty, Wigsbuy, etc. In fact, it’s not recommended to purchase this type of lace front wigs, as the lace area is far less than 13x4 lace front wigs and 13x6 lace front wigs. It limits your option to part your hair because you’ve only got one choice: center part. If you are looking for lace front wigs that allow you to part your hair anywhere and a more natural look, then the one-seam lace front wigs won’t be your choice.
13x4 lace front wigs
13x4 lace front wigs are the traditional and commonest type. It’s obviously an upgrade of one-seam lace front wigs. The lace area becomes larger but still limited. You can part your hair within the lace area and long deep part cannot be achieved. Considering that 13x6 lace front wigs are more expensive than 13x4 lace front wigs, 13x4 lace front wigs are still favored by the majority of people and they basically meet people’s needs to a natural wig look. Find more 13x4 lace front wigs here, and there’s always one that hits your heart.
13x6 lace front wigs
The newest upgrade of lace front wigs is 13x6. And it is very popular these years for more natural look and versatile parting than 13x4 lace front wigs. The part space is big and long and it can be parted almost like full lace wigs (ReadyWig full lace wigs will come out in the near future). You can part you hair with more possibilities. Besides, compared with full lace wigs, 13x6 lace front wigs are much cheaper while still maintaining realistic parting. More 13x6 lace front wigs are available here.
What benefits do lace front wigs have?
You may wonder why lace front wigs are favored by so many people. Well, let me introduce the benefits of wearing lace front wigs and you will know why.
1)Natural Looking hairline: One of the most important advantages of wearing a lace front wig is that it mimics naturally growing hair and will conceal any hair loss issue you may suffer from. The invisible sheer lace front is designed to blend with your skin’s complexion to create the illusion of natural hair growth along the hairlines. Also the pre-plucked baby hair also makes lace front wigs even more natural and realistic.
2) Multi Directional Parts: As the hair strands are hand-sewn to the lace holes, making it looks like the hair is growing out of your own scalp. The larger the lace area, the more possible you could part your hair in different directions. It is versatile, offering the wearer the ability to style and change the part while still retaining a natural hairline.
3) Versatile Styling: Lace front wigs can be styled the same as your natural hair with various styles, which also adds to the believability and natural look. That means a side ponytail, fishtail braid, low bun or even free and loose are all great styling options that still achieve a natural look. You just need to wear them in any fashion that covers the rear nape for a totally flawless appearance.
4) Light Weight: As we all know, lace is a very light-weighted materials. The lace cap construction will reduce the weight of the whole wig, making people more comfortable to wear wigs. You know, sometimes it’s weird to feel that something more than your own hair is on your head.
5) Comfortable: Lace material is breathable, with the pattern of the lace encouraging air flow. The delicate and thin nature of lace allows it to fall right over the forehead, creating very little to no space between wig and skin. All these features enable you a comfortable wig wearing experience.
6) Favorable price: The price of a lace front wig varies on the quality, length, hair type and the distributor. Lace wigs made of human hair will cost more than synthetic wigs, and those from branded companies will be more costly than common lace wigs. On the premise of natural and comfortable wigs, lace front wigs enjoy favorable price compared with full lace wigs.
Share with your sis. Join ReadyWig for more hair tips and styling ideas.