Unlike synthetic wigs, you could do anything with human hair bundles, closures, and wigs that you can do to your natural hair. It includes dyeing, cutting, heat styling and chemically processing your human hair. This Blog would share the dyeing steps of the human hair.
STEP 1 Prepare a clean, untangle and dry wig
Wash your human hair wig to remove any product buildup, dirt, oils, and tangles. Allow the wig to air-dry, or blow-dry 24 hours before coloring the wig.
STEP 2 To dye your hair lighter, bleach it first
To dye black wigs to vibrant and vivid color, you need to initial strip the hair of its natural color. Choose a good quality and least damaging lightening bleach product.
STEP3 Mixing the Dye
Use semi-permanent dye or natural dye instead of permanent dye. Mix the dye thoroughly according to directions and then put on gloves. Place the human hair wig on a Styrofoam mannequin head, if available. Add the mixed content starting at the top to the bottom of the wig.
STEP4 Rinsing and conditioning your wig
After 25mins, rinse your wig gently but thoroughly in cool water. Then apply a small amount of wig conditioner to your hands. Carefully work the conditioner through the hair with your fingers, avoiding the cap and the roots of your wig. Rinse out the conditioner with cool water again.
STEP5 Drying Your Wig
Pat the excess water out of the wig with a towel avoid squeezing or wringing. Hang your wig loosely on a wig stand or a spray can to dry at room temperature or dry it with a blow dryer.
- Do a small strand test first to get the correct color before you ready to dye your whole wig or bundles.
- Do not dye a hair which with bad quality or dyed before.
- Do not use a metal bowl or spoon to mix your dye. The metal can oxidize the dye, causing it to change colors.
- Don’t forget to open the window during the dyeing process.
- Use a product that contains protein before and after the coloring process.
- Keep in mind, just like natural hair, the more often you dye your wig/weave, the more dry and brittle your hair will be.
- Consulting with a professional will help ensure more satisfactory color results.
Share with your sis. Join ReadyWig for more hair tips and styling ideas.